Sage Hotel Management is currently seeking a Valet Parking Attendant at the Distrikt Hotel in Pittsburgh, PA. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity for personal growth, you will have the opportunity to engage in our community, and you will enjoy the opportunity to enrich lives one experience at a time.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today! Job Overview
Under general supervision, provides valet services to hotel guests and ensures their satisfaction and comfort by promptly and courteously responding to their requests. Assist Doorman in meeting and greeting all guest arrivals and departures.Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all guests in all forms of transportation arriving at the hotel.
- Assist guests with retrieving their luggage from vehicles.
- Point out to guest and note existing vehicle damage on key tags in the appropriate space provided.
- Assist Doorman in escorting guests and luggage into the lobby for registration.
- Explain valet parking procedures and fees.
- Give proper directions to registration area for check-in.
- Park vehicles secure and mark key tag with location, guest name, license plate number and type of auto.
- Drive vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Give general directions and information.
- Respond to guest questions, issues and problems regarding transportation, hotel services and local events, points of interest and activities.
- Professionalism and courtesy are to be extended at all times to guests, associates and vendors.
- Guests should be professionally greeted within 5 ft of your area when in public areas of the hotel.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications Education/Formal Training
High School diploma or equivalent Experience
- Must have general knowledge of basic customer service skills and be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must have knowledge of local establishments, businesses and the surrounding community in general.
- Must be able to drive automatic and manual vehicles. Must have a valid driver's license. Must have a driving record that meets the needs of our insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see objects and people up close and at a distance.
- Must be able to grasp handles, carry bundles and lift packages.
- Must be able to continually push, lift and carry up to 65lbs throughout the hotel during entire shift.
Physically strenuous, prolonged standing, walking and climbing stairs, intermittent exposure to outside elements, primarily an indoor position.