Now Hiring: Bellperson
We are looking for people that have a passion to serve others! Working in our guest reception area means you are at the hub of the hotel with the most interaction with our guests. Your role is key to the overall experience the guest will have. Your keen sense of being proactive, responsive and caring will make all the difference. If you enjoy engaging with others and have a winning personality and high sense of responsibility - this role is perfect for you! We have a great company culture at Concord Hospitality where everyone is valued and treated with respect.
Include but are not limited to:
- Ability to sustain direct contact with the public; must establish high degree of customer service, (smile, eye contact, positive personal presentation, etc) and high volume of interaction with guests and staff
Skills and Requirements
- Create a strong sense of arrival for hotel, restaurants and event guests by welcoming them to the hotel, opening all vehicle doors and using guests' last names during interactions
- Explain parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival
- Ensure valet tickets are filled out completely and legible
- Maintain accurate control of all guest vehicle keys and claim tickets
- Dispatch Valet/Bell Attendant to retrieve vehicles
- Collect payment for parking services and accurately posts to the appropriate account
- Deposit all cash receipts in accordance with hotel procedures
- Completion of high school with 1 year of experience
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be a self-motivator
- Strong communication skills preferred
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach on a daily basis
- Ability to lift and/or move approximately 75 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to push and/or pull approximately 100 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to maneuver a wheelchair with up to 350 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to work positively while under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive morale and professional attitude
- Required to pass our background and driving record check
Here are some reasons our associates like working for us:
Our Benefits (applies to Full Time Associates Only)
Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
401K Retirement Program with company contribution - FREE MONEY!
Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Verizon Wireless Discount - save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
Concord Provides great development through classroom training, online through our Learning Management System (LMS), as well as providing you options for Education Assistance Programs through University of Phoenix saving you 5% off tuition costs - take classes related to hospitality and save up to 9% off the tuition price
Today Concord operates over 100 hotels in North America with an excellent rating in customer service, staff retention, and brand alliances. We work with all the major brands (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Choice) in markets throughout North America from suburban to major metropolitan destinations. Concord will grow in the next two years with 25 NEWLY built hotel properties that are already approved with an additional matching amount in new acquisitions and alliances. We are a company that is growing meaning great opportunities for career opportunities for everyone.
Concord's foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and our newest - having Fun. We strive to hire the BEST associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment that associates find appealing. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We do many fun things on property to stay engaged with our associates and show you we care about you.
If you are seeking a position where you can grow and be a part of a fun team, this job may be your answer.