Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This 474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000 square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the Queen Mary. Employment Status
The Communications Operator is responsible for ensuring efficient communication within, to and from the hotel while maintaining attentive, courteous and efficient customer service. Responsibilities
- Promptly answers telephone calls in a positive and clear voice with standard greeting.
- Is familiar with the operation and function of PBX counsel.
- Listens to ascertain the correct extension and accurately transfers the call.
- Records accurate messages and recalls for guests as requested by reading and verbally reciting messages to the guests.
- Receives wake up call information, inputs cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirms time to guest.
- Is familiar with the operation of the resort two way radio communication system.
- Acts as a dispatcher for security, guest services and property operations employees.
- Provides timely information via paging system and two way radios to employees in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, shuttle service, etc.
- Briefly answers basic inquiries e.g. time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Operates facsimile to send, receive. Operates photo copier.
- Shops competition for rates and availability.
- Remains calm and polite especially during emergency situations and / or heavy resort activity.
- Knowledgeable of resort emergency procedures and part played in them.
- Completes guest callback and ensures that all quests questions are answered correctly and ensures that concerns are followed up and have been resolved.
- Assists front desk associates as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Clocks out at end of shift and departs property until next scheduled shift.