Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Storeroom Clerk to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.Job Summary
The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for efficient receiving and distribution of hotel's food and beverage goods and services and to assist in receiving and distributing of guests' goods. He/she is also responsible for assisting with Food & Beverage controls through turnover, inventories and maintaining par stock levels in accordance with hotel business levels.Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Basic understanding of food and beverage preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Receive food and beverage items in a manner prescribed by the Food & Beverage operations of each hotel as it relates to proper rotation, stocking, pricing, and storage.
- Ensure proper operation of freezers, refrigerators, and walk-in coolers and notify management of any equipment repairs needed.
- Issue food and beverage goods by following the proper issuing procedures prescribed by Wyndham's policies and procedures, which include recording, pricing, rotation, and delivery to authorized requesting employees.
- Maintain food and beverage par levels for all items as required by management.
- Maintain good record keeping of all items received and issued to minimize any storeroom variances, in accordance with established Food & Beverage procedures. Use computer equipment to record all transactions.
- Assist Food & Beverage inventories as required by management.
- Attend training/meetings as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Part-time