By adhering to Welk Resort's High Five service standards, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information and standards. The Senior Staff Accountant will play a significant role assisting in facilitation of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes. The Senior Staff Accountant will assist the Controller and Accounting Manager with the implementation of short-and long-term team and departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for efficiency improvement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all times.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle various deadlines and projects.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
- Assist the Controller and Accounting Manager with the month-end, quarter and year-end closings including preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Prepare assigned journal entries in accordance with U.S. GAAP and accounting department policies and procedures.
- Calculate and apply complex estimates
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts
- Maintain appropriate third party support for journal entries and general ledger reconciliations in compliance with accounting department standards.
- Analyze financial statement information and independently explain and resolve variances
- Prepare financial schedules for departmental, operations meetings and annual audit.
- Update job knowledge by participating in education and training opportunities
- Perform accounting guidance research
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements.
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Identify any processes for improvement and help to develop and implement changes when necessary.
- Ensure procedures are in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company's policies and procedures.
- Special projects and/or assignments as requested by Director of Accounting, Controller, or Accounting Manager.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- +5 years of experience in Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Strong Knowledge of U.S. GAAP fundamentals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Progression toward CPA License preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Ability to identify procedural and internal control deficiency and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Aggressive personality who takes initiative.
- Ability to operate Excel at an advanced experience level (V look up, pivot tables).
- Experience in timeshare accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong time management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the following programs: MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Excel, Outlook, EPICOR, Doc-Link, Timeshareware a plus.
Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers, auditors and others. Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Speak clearly, confidently, and persuasively to individuals and groups. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English. Must have excellent English grammar skills; including punctuation, spelling, style, etc.