In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
We are looking for a senior accountant to join our corporate hotel accounting team. The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities for our growing hotel portfolio and be located in our corporate office in Great Neck, NY. The Senior Accountant will report to the Corporate Hotel Controller.
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts and maintain a closing binder for each month including cash accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, other assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, other liability accounts and any other accounts deemed necessary.
· Review and analyze Financial Statements and able to identify variance to budget and prior period that require further investigation and/or adjustment. Provide thoughtful insights on monthly conference calls discussing hotel financial results.
· Prepare journal entries, i.e. payroll and payroll accruals, vacation accruals, benefit calculations, any other accrued expenses.
· Review inventories and cost control reconciliation, investigate unusual items.
· Review property payroll for accuracy and consistency. Review and verify payroll changes are proper and agree to support.
· Review and prepare monthly sales, use and occupancy tax returns.
· Review accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts.
· Review Daily Activity Reports for accuracy.
· Daily contact with hotel staff.
· Periodically travel to properties for review and audit purposes.
· Actively assist in the preparation of annual budget.
· Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience.
· A self-starter who is ambitious and motivated
· A problem solver who has strong analytical skills.
· Ability to work in a fast pass environment.
· Software skills including M3 Accounting system and Microsoft excel a plus.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
|Address||9 Park Place, Great Neck, NY, 11021 View map|