This position is based in Kananaskis, AB. Subsidized housing on site is available.
The Spa Concierge is the face of the Kananaskis Nordic Spa and creates a lasting first impression. The Concierge is responsible for providing friendly, warm service while thriving in a team atmosphere, dedicated to providing exceptional guest service with the ability to stay organized and keep calm under pressure.
This position has a starting date of June 21, 2021.
Why Kananaskis Nordic Spa?
- Onsite staff accommodations, which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Represent Kananaskis Nordic Spa with the highest level of service excellence and be knowledgeable of facility, treatment and retail offerings
- Strictly enforce the privacy and confidentiality of all guest information
- Processing of various method of payments accurately
- Complete reservations, check-in, and check-out procedures accurately and with service excellence
- Reiterate home care recommendations and close retail sales
- Monitor and maintain the physical environment, ensuring cleanliness and organization at all times
- Demonstrate pride in work by creating positive energy, team work, excitement and fun
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment through personal empowerment, using good judgment and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate exceptional follow-up abilities and ownership of tasks assigned with a strong attention to detail
- Acknowledge all guests, anticipate their needs and respond promptly
- Effectively handle guest comments and feedback both in person and in writing, with an ability to identify and resolve any concerns
- Communicate with all other departments within Kananaskis Nordic Spa to ensure effective and efficient management of operations
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to all company policies, procedures and standards
- Follow all health and safety policies and ensure the safety of guests and colleagues and identify and report safety concerns and hazards immediately
- Other duties as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Spa, Hospitality, Guest Service and/or Retail Sales experience preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Posses passion and natural inclination for Guest Service and Health and Wellness
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess professional presentation
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently as well as cohesively as part of the team
- Must be highly organized and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and able to complete many diverse tasks concurrently
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Computer literacy and previous reservation software and POS experience preferred
- Ability to accurately handle cash and various methods of payment
- First Aid certificate (including CPR) preferred
- Ability to focus on attention to detail, remaining professional and courteous at all times
Include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Frequent ascending or descending, stairs and ramps
- Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Working outdoors in variety of Mountain weather conditions, with average temperature ranges of -30c to +30c
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.