In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Bump's Restaurant is a fully operational, year round public restaurant with a steadily growing customer base. We are a from scratch kitchen located in a fun and unique college town and are located at Finkbine Golf Course, the home course to the University of Iowa Hawkeye Men's Golf Team. We are in need of an energetic and organized sous chef to help lead our team while we head into our first full blown year of operations. If you think you might be the right fit, you should apply today!
Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
• Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the kitchen. Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food costing sheets. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
• Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts.
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
• Processes requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks, Stewards.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Sous Chef:• 2 yrs supervisory experience in a culinary environment
• ServSafe certified, or ability to achieve within 30 days of hire
• Must have a Food Handler's card or certificate.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
|Address||1380 Melrose Avenue, Iowa City, IA, 52246 View map|