As a Busser, provide friendly, responsive service to create a beyond expectation dining experience for all guests. To actively participate as a team and use core values and service expectations listed in the Kalahari Promise daily.QUALIFICATION STANDARDSREQUIRED SKILLS
: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions. Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Must have a good understanding of basic math skills. Must be self-directed to work on your own during busy times.PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
: None; however restaurant, hotel, resort, or customer service experience helpful.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to work on your feet and in constant motion for long periods of times (up to 5 hours).
- Must be able to frequently climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to lift and balance trays and busser tubs frequently.
- Must be able to work and be flexible with all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
- Take dirty tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in the appropriate areas for washing.
- Between seating's, promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean and replenish supplies as needed and/or alert the common area cleaners of problem areas.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to the appropriate server when needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess/host to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Answer questions about food, beverage, restaurant functions, services, and resort services and activities if asked.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow associates (servers, bussers, host/hostess, and management) as situations rise.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition by handling the equipment per instruction following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Assist in maintaining par levels at stations including: small ware storage, silverware, sauces, dressings, salads, and condiments.
- Assist when needed in garnishing plates for presentation to the guests.
- Roll silverware in napkins if needed for dining room presets.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Follow all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales and Guest Safety.
- Ensure safety through sweeping and mopping floors appropriately.
- Follow safe food handling procedures and provide a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Participate in training classes and all Daily Promise shift meetings
- Report all concerns and problems to the Restaurant Manager and Supervisors when appropriate.
- Assist with dishwashing when needed.
- Assist with ongoing projects, additional job duties as assigned through managers.