The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her group and transient market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. A Senior Sales Manager must be familiar with GDS Systems, Psuedo-City Codes and three letter designated city codes. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly and service-oriented manner.
* Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
* Meet or exceed set goals.
* Operate within established sales expense budget.
* Initiate and follow up on leads.
* Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
* Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
* Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
* Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
* Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
* Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
* Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
* Be familiar with all London West Hollywood sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
* Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property, and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections.
* Use your property's computerized sales management system to manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
* Meet and greet onsite contacts and entertain clients.
* Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
* Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
* Four year college degree is required.
* At least three years experience in luxury hotel is required or Travel Leisure sales for high end travelers.
* Previous travel industry experience required.
* Thorough knowledge of sales operations, product knowledge and competition.
* Utilize traditional software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Delphi & Outlook.
* Well organized and a good planner.
* Professional appearance.
* Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of them will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
* Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
* Self-motivated, detail oriented and being proactive is required.
* Ability to create, adjust and work with budgets.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled