Now Hiring: Senior Sales Manager
Being the Senior Sales Manager at a Concord Hospitality property means you hold an important key to the hotel’s success. You will develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of hotel for both guest rooms and event space. Our Senior Sales Managers are designated outside sales roles with 50%-80% of their time being out of office conducting sales calls. You also are the key contact for events at the hotel utilizing of various meeting/event spaces to market to groups and corporate for meetings and catered events. Candidates should be familiar with marketing plans, action plan creation as well as working with both revenue and sales call goals…
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Foster Business with proactive and reactive sales efforts
- Independently develop and complete the monthly SMART plan, which documents measurable goals and includes the specific action items necessary to ensure success. Communicate progress of the SMART plan each week during the weekly one on one meeting with the DOSM and document results at the end of the month.
- Local community involvement with local networking chapters to help foster new relationships for the Hotel.
- Understand and interpret market conditions, trends, and competition by analyzing data, drawing conclusion on that data and making decisions and recommendations for improvement of hotel revenue.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients with speed and efficiency in returning calls and bookings
- Exude proactive planning, organizational skills and keen sense of pricing for overall efficiency of department
- Provide excellent follow through on details to account and to hotel departments
- Be the face of the hotel as all industry events with property representation of professionalism and character
- Work with 3rd party booking sites, Concord revenue management and city convention centers for maximization of key city-wide events
- Meet and exceed all monthly revenue and sales calls goals
- Documentation of all sales activities in Delphi or similar sales system for tracking and history
- Be a team player at all times to assist as needed in the operation of a successful hotel
Skills & Requirements Needed:
- 4+ years in related experience in sales work at a meeting/convention hotel
- Must have experience in sales solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits, setting up FAM trips, and contract negotiation.
- Typing skills required as well as knowledge of software programs including Delphi, PMS systems, and Microsoft office.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to investigate and analyze large amounts of data drawing conclusion on that data to help drive revenue for the hotel. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems including several variables in standardized situations. Ability to think independently and use discretion to make decision impacting the company’s business operations and finances.
- Persuade and influence
- Motivate, encourage and inspire
- Problem solving
- Leadership skills
At Concord Hospitality, our Senior Sales Manager’s earn competitive wages, receive our extensive benefit package including dental/vision plans, life insurance, ST/LT disability options as well as lucrative annual bonus plans with a quarterly payout, 401K options, tuition assistance plus training & development and career advancement opportunities. We provide Revenue Management and Digital Marketing support as well as amazing training, growth opportunities and excellent leadership. Our Senior Sales Manager can enhance their earnings using our Business Referral Incentive Plan rewarding you for business discovered for our other Concord properties!
If this award-winning hotel with an award-winning company in a growing fun city sounds like you!
What sets Concord apart is our passion for this business. We are established on 5 key cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and lastly FUN! Our company is huge proponents of training and development including our signature sales training – DST “Dynamic Sales Training” which all Senior Sales Managers and Director of Sales attend in their first year in the company. Additionally, we offer many avenues for growth including our online LMS training system, regional training, mentorship program, Thirsty Thursday web series, and more. At Concord, you’ll continue to grow every year in your career with us. And as one of the fastest growing hospitality companies in North America, our goal is to get you ready to grow into a Director of Sales role in your future – so we are looking for Senior Sales Managers that want to expand their horizons!
If you are seeking a rewarding position at a hotel, you’ll be proud to sell with a company culture that assures you that YOU MATTER…than Concord Hospitality is your ticket to career growth. Apply today and learn more.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.