We invite you to apply to the DoubleTree Austin, part of the Sage Hospitality Management group. You are considering an award winning team with a 30 year history of success in the Austin hospitality market. Our beautiful hotel has been recognized for many years for outstanding performance and have been recognized by our management groups as hotel of the year twice in recent years. We were honored to have been selected as a winner for the local Recognize Good Award for Ethics in Business and have received numerous accolades for our work in the community. We are committed to providing an enriching work environment and we are commitment to the development and success of our team members.
Our Sales Department is the driver of business for the hotel. The goal is to create a unique experience that is seamless and keeps groups coming back year after year. We are so proud of our creative, driven, and successful team of Catering, Convention Services, and Sales Managers!
We are loaded with perks: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401 (k) with employer matching, Sage and Hilton Hotel Discounts across the US, and SO much more!
- Employee Referral Program- $200 to $1,000 based on position
- Free Onsite Parking
- Numerous recognition programs
- Paid Time off for Vacation and Sick days
- 7 paid Holidays
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.ResponsibilitiesDirect Sales:
Key Account Management:
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state drivers license in order to make sales calls.
New Account Development:
- Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all leads within 48 hours of receipt in an effort to create new business for the hotel, and, when appropriate, sends leads to other Sage hotels.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
Account Service and Management:
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Development Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.Experience
Six months minimum in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability hear, speak, read and write English fluently. Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Respond to coaching, feedback and training. Strong and effective sales skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
General office and hotel environment