Join the Hyatt Place Baltimore ( sales team to sell business travel, corporate and association groups. Find yourself in the heart of downtown at the intersection of Baltimore's liveliest neighborhoods-Inner Harbor, Harbor East, Little Italy, and Fells point-and surround yourself with eclectic eats, and historic landmarks. We are conveniently located just minutes from Johns Hopkins Hospital. We have 208 rooms and 1,659 sq.ft. of meeting space. There is a lot of growth in the downtown/Inner Harbor area and the hotel needs a team member that is strong in prospecting, closing and mentoring junior team members. Very strong and sales minded senior management team that has tenure at the hotel.
Here are what some of our guests are saying:
The most helpful cheerful staff
I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights while my husband was receiving a kidney transplant at Johns Hopkins Hospital. The hotel staff were amazing during this stressful time in my life; they were attentive, kind, and encouraging. Help was always prompt and cheerful. The hotel location was also great during my solo times out for groceries or meals, the area felt safe and had great options within a block of the hotel, several food options on the same block as the hotel.
Everyone was so nice and helpful! Coming from West Virginia was hard, but totally worth it! We settled in fast and just enjoyed the peaceful stay. We have all intentions of going back! The staff was fabulous!
We are a collective of entrepreneurs, driven creatives, and visionaries who lead the industry in experiential hospitality. Our four companies work together to deliver on the promise of "artful" hospitality. Setting the new standard in partnerships and guest experiences, we're creating places that people want to go to-not through.Job Overview
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.ResponsibilitiesDirect Sales:
Key Account Management:
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state drivers license in order to make sales calls.
- Responds to leads and referrals within four hours in order to win the business.
- Maintains close relationship with Visit Baltimore and Hyatt Sales Force in order to receive leads, close business and prospect.
New Account Development:
- Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Uses knowledge of Knowland Readerboard Service and Agency 360 to uncover new business opportunities for the hotel.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
Account Service and Management:
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Development Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.Experience
Six months minimum in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability hear, speak, read and write English fluently. Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Respond to coaching, feedback and training. Strong and effective sales skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
General office and hotel environment