Senior Assistant ControllerPosition Summary:
The Sr. Assistant Controller will - at the broadest definition of the role - assist the Complex Controller and the Area Director of Finance with the implementation and successful adherence to a regime of internal controls. Sr. Assistant Controller is tasked with direct oversight of the A/P process as well as partnership with Credit Manager to ensure the health of the hotel A/R. Sr. Assistant Controller may also be utilized for completion of daily hotel income audit process and may have limited exposure to general cashiering work where separation of duties allows (and where detection risk is low).
As a generalist upper-level accounting manager, Sr. Assistant Controller will also be expected to engage in regular review of critical balance sheets with oversight and review by Complex Controller. Balance sheet reconciliation work will account for a large portion of working hours not spent on matters detailed above and are considered paramount.
Ideal Sr. Assistance Controller candidates will be experience with the fundamentals and theories of general accountancy and USALI. They will be self-starters that are able to manage time in a consistently evolving work environment.Education:
4-Year Accounting/Finance Degree (ideally in hospitality accounting)Prior Experience:
1-3 years in accountingmanagement positionAdditional Requirements:
About Our Company:
- Prior experience withincome journaling process
- Prior experience with full-scope A/P management
- Prior experience with general cashiering
- Strong technical skills, particularly with advanced MS Excel formulas
- Comfort with complex intercompany accounting schemas
- Comfort with large data volumes and similarly large-scale account reconciliation projects
- Optional/Ideal: Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (previously Great Plains)
- Optional/Ideal: Prior experience with Infor HMS property management system
- Optional/Ideal: Prior experience with Opera property management system
- Optional/Ideal: Prior experience with Birchstreet A/P software
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns
hotels and resorts primarily located in California. Visit our website http://www.pacifichospitality.com for a listing of our properties.
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D