The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking an experienced, safety-oriented, customer service focused Security Agent
to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
As a Security Officer you will spend the majority of your shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g. assisting with door lock problems; coordinate, expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority. Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly. Use a clear, concise speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or property is being removed. Screen persons entering this entrance for purpose and authorization.
- Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items. Mail out claimed items to owner.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Assist guest with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Experience
2+ Years of customer experience preferred.
2+ years of security/loss prevention experience preferred.
Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred. Licenses or certificates:
CPR certification and First Aid training preferred. Grooming:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). Other:
Prefer additional language ability.