The DoubleTree Annapolis is seeking a disciplined, responsible and customer service driven Sales Manager to join their team!
Job Overview: Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals (room night, average rate, room rental) are achieved or exceeded.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Move throughout property to conduct site inspections. Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
* Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
* Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition reader boards to develop leads.
* Travel out of town to solicit business in feeder cities.
* Prepare information for, meet with, and entertain clients as deemed appropriate to generate potential business from that account.
* Represent hotel at trade shows as specified by Corporate trade show attendance guide. Set up exhibits involving bending, stooping, lifting and reading overhead.
* Assist the supportive staff with the maintenance of sales files.
* Participate in the sales/catering department reader board program.
* Other duties as assigned: such as ordering amenities for meeting planners or VIP's.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact.
* Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare cost proposals.
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
* Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
* Ability to listen, speak and write to ascertain and respond to client needs.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge of skills and abilities.
At least two years of supervisory sales and/or catering experience preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.