In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for, but not limited to, generating top line revenue by booking group room nights and catering events to exceed revenue goals.
The Sales Manager will utilize his/her skills to assist in planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development plans to promote the hotel and foster business relationships to maximize revenue profits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Comply with all company/hotel standards and policy as established in the employee handbook
· Reach and or exceed assigned revenue , sales call activity goals, and manage assigned action plans
· Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone communication, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
· Responsible for consistent and ongoing prospecting for and capturing new business via leads generated through personal sales effort to identify new sources of business.
· Qualify leads and prospects gained from cold calls, telemarketing, newspapers, referrals sales blitzes, brand sales leads, nationals sales office leads, CVB leads and other sources
· Assist the Director of sales in such areas as: preparation of quarterly action plans, budgets, marketing plans, developing and implementing strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
· Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce repeat group, catering and meeting room bookings
· Conduct site inspections of the hotel and facilities and incorporate other departments whenever possible.
· Represent the hotel at trade shows, industry events, networking events and other opportunities to drive awareness and generate new bookings
· Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance
· Maintain accurate sales files, production reports and trace system for all assigned accounts
· Complete expense reports and all other assigned paper work in an accurate and timely manner
· Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
· Communicate effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments
· Any and all other duties deemed necessary by a member of management
· Solicit guest feedback and relay information to General Manager to all opportunities for improvement
· Resolve service concerns
· Effectively communicate all pertinent information to all employees
· Delegate responsibility effectively to Supervisors and employees
· Participate in the Manager-on-Duty program; serve as MOD on weekend and/or night shifts
· Maintain active involvement in all markets, industry organizations/associations and the community
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 1-3 years hotel experience in supervisory or management capacity
· IHG experience preferred
· Microsoft Word and Excel experience preferred
· Basic computer skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Bachelor degree preferred
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in standard unit of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS SUMMARY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
· Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
· Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focusision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
|Address||6170 Morgantown Road, Morgantown, PA, 19543 View map|