The Sales & Catering/Events Coordinator will be responsible for providing information, assisting in the daily operation of the Sales and Catering departments as well as the maintenance of all sales records. This individual will also maintain and update the Delphi.FDC, OnQ and Rate & Inventory (R&I) systems and communicate related information to colleagues. The administrative requirements of this position will not be limited to assisting with administrative needs, training, client relations, and general office projects under the direction of Director of Sales & Marketing.
The Sales & Catering/Events Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales & Catering Managers.
What I will be doing?
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Prepare files and documents for periodic meetings chaired or attended by the Sales Team
• Prepare and distribute weekly BEO, Resume Packets and Daily Reporting
• Ensure all incoming Leads are logged into Delphi.FDC
• Facilitate Group turn-over process for definite group bookings
• Build and maintain group bookings in Rate & Inventory system
• Build and Manage all booked groups in OnQ Front Office
• Enter and modify individual reservations and group rooming lists in OnQ Front Office
• Ensure Group pick up is up to date and accurate in Delphi.FDC
• Ensure Group GRC is up to date and accurate in Delphi.FDC
• Ensure banquet checks are received daily
• Ensure banquet checks are accurate in Delphi.FDC
• Processing necessary, accounting forms; including Group Commissions and Deposits including maintaining FastPay system for accuracy
• Complete Amenity forms and coordinate delivery with IRD
• Complete expense reports
• Manage department PO's in Birchstreet system and manage PO processes and procedures
• Handle communication with clients on behalf of sales personnel
• Track monthly corporate and consortia account production
• Attend Weekly Ops, Group Pickup, GRC Review & Resume Meetings
• Attend BEO Meetings
• Handle all necessary third party rentals for groups
• Ensure departmental processes and procedures are followed as outlined in the Sales Guidelines
• Assume Delphi.FDC administrator role
• Assist with clients entertaining
• Assist with site inspections
• Answer telephone calls and handle enquiries professionally
• Collect and sort out all incoming mail
• File correspondence and documents
• Assist Sales, Catering and Marketing Teams with Sales & Marketing projects
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the DOSM, Director of Revenue Management, Catering and Events Managers, Group Sales Managers and Marketing Manager
What are we looking for?
• Two years prior experience in an administrative sales capacity
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Computer literacy which is not limited to: Microsoft Office, Excel and Power point
• Excellent typing and organizational skills
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality!
• Detail oriented a must
• Must possess ability to coordinate with multiple tasks.
• Strong computer literacy to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. a must
• Excellent communication skills both written/verbal in the English language
• Requires high levels of interaction with all members of staff. Possess high degree of stamina, agility and flexibility
• Able to present themselves with an uplifting personality.
• Strong level of professionalism must be displayed at all times
• Willingness and capacity to learn and apply new systems
• Proficiency in OnQ, Delphi.fdc and Rates & Inventory systems
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business or related field
• Bi-lingual communication a plus but not required.
• Capability to use Excel to generate and interpret data reports on business volume from sales territory and individual sales progress reports
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!