As a Rooms Coordinator, you would be responsible for all pre-registration, room blocks, and handling all special reservation requests for individuals and groups. In addition, the Rooms Coordinator will assist the Front Office operations.
The Rooms Coordinator position is a shared role reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Front Office. What will I be doing? Coordinator:
• Coordinates group bookings and processes reservations in a timely manner
• Prepares all VIP key packets and makes special arrangements as needed
• Provides the Director and Managers of Sales and Marketing with administrative and clerical support while performing other general office duties
• Assists on special projects as needed
• Responsible for daily maintenance of the DELPHI/System 21 bookings from Sales
• Provides direction and supervision to affected departments and team members during execution of meeting and/or event
• Directly serves on site group customers in a proactive manner relative to logistics of group room block
• Using computer systems (Word, Excel and Sales/OnQ department systems) prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity. Copies and distributes same
• Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Sales i.e., forecast, department, citywide pre-cons, operational department pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events
• Enters all Delphi booking recaps and makes all necessary revisions to contracts within 24 hours of receipt
• Ensures that all rooming lists are handled properly within 7 days and/or entered properly with the OnQ
• Ensures that group billing has been set up according to instructions
• Ensures all individual group changes are updated within 48 hours of receipt
• Assists the Front Desk with group inquiries and answers group/reservations related to telephone inquiries in a friendly, courteous manner
• Attends weekly pickup meeting and ensures that all changes are done consistently and correctly Front Office:
• Greets guests and completes the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
• Assists guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answers guest questions and inquiries
• Uses up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy
• Responds to guest inquiries and requests and resolves issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Fields guest complaints, conducts research and resolves and negotiates solutions for guest satisfaction
• Receives, inputs, retrieves and relays messages to guestsWhat are we looking for?
• The ideal candidate for the position must have full availability and a flexible schedule, excellent customer service skills and problem solving skills, a great team player, proven ability to create memorable experiences for customers or guests.
• Prior 1-2 years Rooms Coordinator, Reservations, Front Office or travel industry experience preferred.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to effectively deal with both internal and external customers, some requiring high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
• Working knowledge of SalesPro, OnQ and Delphi.
• Ability to access, read, and accurately input information using a moderately complex reservations system.
• Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Type at least 40 - 50 wpm.
• Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!