Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Perfectly situated on famous Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, The Candler Hotel, a member of Curio Collection by Hilton, opens today within the historic Candler Building. The boutique-style hotel is a 17-story high-rise originally built in 1906 by Coca-Cola magnate Asa Griggs Candler as Atlanta's first steel skyscraper and is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places.
After completing an expansive transformation led by award-winning interior designer Nicole Hollis, the building has been re-imagined as a luxurious, one-of-a-kind hospitality destination. Many of the building's original Beaux-Arts architectural details have been preserved including their marbleized lobby and Tiffany windows. The hotel features 265 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites, a library, a gym outfitted by Peloton, and 6,000-sq. ft. of event space. Additionally, the hotel's historic bank has been transformed into its signature restaurant and bar By George by local celebrity chef Hugh Acheson, a two-time James Beard Foundation Award winner and former contestant on Bravo's Top Chef Masters. Overview
The purpose of the Rooms Controller Agent Position is to increase guest preference of our hotel and Highgate Hotels brand. The Rooms Controller assigns hotel rooms to guests based on their reservation and unique requests and preferences. The Rooms Controller will maintain and manage the hotel's inventory of guest rooms while supporting front desk operations with reservation and rooms related information. Rooms Controllers are responsible for blocking VIP guests, managing Out of Order and Out of Service inventory, managing guest queue and discrepancies, performing room changes and guest follow up, managing and facilitating pre reg/pre key groups, managing all airline assignments and pre keys, managing guest upgrade requests/hotel upgrade revenue, receiving and responding to guest feedback via multiple feedback forums. Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls professionally and courteously.
- Assist callers with needs and requests without transferring whenever possible.
- Monitor and manage hotel Room Type inventory, communicating concerns and identifying solutions.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Run and complete credit limit report daily.
- Review Guest Arrivals and Trace File daily, following through on guest requests and preferences.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
- Communicate room's challenges/inventory concerns to front office team on a daily basis.
- Serve as Front Office liaison with Sales and Convention Services to ensure successful execution of group arrivals.
- Serve as Front Office liaison with Housekeeping and Engineering to manage and block guest rooms as necessary.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Manage discrepancies and queues quickly and efficiently.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Have a complete understanding of House and guest room availability at all times.
- Manage all Out of Order and Out of Service rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Monitor and action upgrade requests with intent to maximize hotel revenue.
- Monitor and respond to guest feedback via RealTime feedback and any other necessary feedback forums.
- Manage all Mobile Check In in timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist management team with rooms related projects.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Experience with OnQ required.
- Customer Services experience required.
- Computer experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to occasionally stand during long periods of time.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.