Position is SEASONAL. Could become a year-round opportunity, based on performance. Hours are typically 8am-4pm/9am-5pm (business dictates when you leave). $12.00 per hour.
Weekends are REQUIRED.... ****ESPECIALLY Sundays! If you cannot work weekends, need not apply for job.
COMPANY BENEFITS (dependent upon hours/tenure/performance)
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Birthday
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* 401K Plan - Company matches up to 3%
* Team Member Travel Program - highly discounted rates at Hilton Brand hotels
* YMCA Corporate Discount
* Monthly Incentives
* Seasonal Bonuses
* Continued Education Sponsor - Employees can earn Hospitality & Tourism certificates at local Community College
* Hilton Schoolroom for remote learning - for employee's children (only during COVID)
* Employee Recognition and Appreciation Program
* Employee Meal Program and Meal Discounts
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals as a tool for continuous improvement. Clean and stock guest rooms, following company and brand standards, to ensure high standards of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
* Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping. Clean rooms according to property specific and system standards.
* Strip and make beds, change the duvets.
* Dust all furniture and picture frames.
* Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room.
* Empty trash.
* Replenish amenities, linens, supplies in guest rooms.
* Retrieve, push and restock Housekeeper cart.
* Visually inspect room for cleanliness, appearance, and uniformity.
* Able to perform all housekeeping associate duties as outlined in the training program and property specific checklists.
* Operate all equipment in correct and safe manner. Able to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
* Able to communicate effectively with other associates, as well as guests.
* Utilize HelloShift as a communication tool between you and your co-workers.
* Able to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including thorough cleaning of a minimum 15 rooms as specified by management.
* Accommodate guest special requests courteously.
* Answer guest questions regarding hotel and local area facilities and services.
* Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issued keys.
* Notify Executive Housekeeper of any problems with linen.
* Carry out any reasonable request by management that you are capable of performing.
* Must be available day before & day of QA Inspection.
* Familiar with frequently used standard operating procedures.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
* Individual must possess a good work history and stability.
* Willingness to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
* Individuals must be service and detail oriented.
* Must comply with all department, hotel, and corporate standard operating procedures.
* Responsible for knowing Hotel emergency procedures.
* Be ready available/approachable for all guests.
* Take proactive effort when dealing with guest concerns.
* Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the supervisor:
* The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates, may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
* Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
* Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
* Must be capable of how to read, write, and speak English fluently.
OBX Resorts, LLC DBA Hilton Garden Inn is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.
see above for details