Assistant Restaurant Manager Overview
We are a Los Angeles-based hospitality group seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our team at Ysabel. The Assistant Restaurant Manager will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations in keeping with our group's highest customer service standards. This role will be directly responsible for guest satisfaction and driving continuous improvement processes. This role will also help assess operational needs, proactively plan and prepare for exceptional guest service, review operational excellence requirements with the General Manager and implement/evaluate programs for continued success.
- Cultivate a hospitable environment for employees and guests.
- Actively involved in the development and performance of all team members
- Help lead a team with the highest hospitality standards and behaviors consistent with our core values and culture.
- Coordinate daily Front of House restaurant operations
- Working knowledge of restaurant financials such as P & L's and experience with cash handling and money management
- Assist GM in addressing conflict and performance issues quickly and professionally
- Assist GM to ensure that food/team member safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently.
- Understanding of food safety standards, standards of cleanliness and a consistent approach to maintaining them.
- Assist HR with organizing training and/or verification of required health and food certifications.
- Assist HR/GM with administering Worker’s Compensation claims following employee’s work-related injury or illness; report incidents to appropriate parties and complete the necessary reports for filing and working with HR on return-to-work programs.
- Help mitigate employee-related injuries by developing ongoing safety trainings with management and team members.
- Assist with managing the ordering all paper goods, beverages, wine and beer.
- Build inventory systems to track all corresponding items including, but not limited to, paper goods, tableware, glassware, silverware, beverage, wine, beer and office supplies.
- Be proactive about guest needs to ensure their exceptional experience.
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns, and complaints and act accordingly to resolve in a professional and timely manner.
- Conscientiously strive to meet or exceed profitability goals through understanding how to achieve increased sales while managing expenses.
- Communicate with GM on a regular basis regarding restaurant operations and performance.
- Contribute ideas, thoughts, and solutions to maximize positive results.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and company by maintaining the highest level of honesty, integrity, ethical and moral conduct.
- Other duties as required.