This position oversees the restaurant operations for the Morada Bay Beach Cafe - Owned and Managed by Northwood Hospitality - NWCL Bayside LLC
Located in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, the Morada Bay Beach Cafe beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends, or colleagues. Its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surroundings - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service, and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Morada Bay Beach Cafe as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury dining in the Florida Keys.
- Collaborate with the restaurant operations team for Morada Bay Beach Cafe to control costs, maximize profits, be current, and provide unique dining experiences.
- Seek opportunities to establish the restaurant's prominent position within the competitive market.
- Review and analyze monthly results, highlight problem areas, and discuss these with the Restaurant Operations General Manager and appropriate staff. Ensure appropriate action is taken to rectify issues.
- Act as an ambassador for Northwood Hospitality
- Participate in special events and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients.
- Be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions on how these could be implemented for the benefit of the resort.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
- Remain current and set expectations for enforcing the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and hygiene according to the State Board of Health.
- Ensure guest delight with the quality and presentation of all menu items and service.
- Assess guest satisfaction by visiting with dining patrons daily and reviewing guest comments.
- Exemplify the level of guest service that is expected of all employees.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinate all group requests and needs
- Handle all guest complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a positive impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
- Follow up to ensure complaints or problems are resolved and action is taken to avoid recurrence.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, evaluate, and fire staff following resort policies and procedures.
- Handle disciplinary counseling as needed according to policy.
- Conduct team briefings.
- Communicate with staff and supervisors to ensure operational needs are met so the guest experience is a positive memorable one.
- Answer all questions pertaining to existing menus
- Coach employees to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
- Motivate and inspire staff to implement guest-service standards and policies that distinguish Morada Bay as the employer of Choice
- Maintain an open and productive relationship with Human Resources.
- Supervise guest service to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Coordinate with the sales department to prepare for upcoming events.
- Ensure that standards set forth by Morada Bay as well as state regulations are in compliance.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Maintain control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency; monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications.
- Ensure proper management of Morada Bay assets including china, silver, glass, food inventories, beverage inventories, and equipment.
Train staff on the economic impact of portion controls, proper food preparation, and other cost controls.
Perform other duties as assigned.