Position Overview: Greet and escort guests to tables in the restaurant, in a friendly manner, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room and ensuring guest satisfaction. Cash/credit handling as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu, maintaining standards of service
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant
- Close out guest checks as needed, using a POS system
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests.
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
· Must be able to walk, climb stairs
· Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
· Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
· Must have good near and far vision
· Must be able to hear, talk, smell
· Must be able to lift & carry up to 30 pounds
· Must be able to stand and walk for up to 5 hours and a total of 7 hours in an 8 hour shift.
· Duties may be performed indoors or outdoors. Noise level moderate.
Hilton Nashville Downtown Additional Property Specific Functions:
- Must complete brand required training