The overall objective of the host/hostess position is to provide hospitable service to our guests in order to enhance the guest experience. The incumbent is responsible for answering the telephones in a professional and friendly manner, greeting guests warmly and sincerely when they arrive at the restaurant, seating guests gracefully using the appropriate standards and handling any special requests guests may have without hesitation. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company. Essential Functions / Tasks
Pri mary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Ensure proper ambiance to include lighting and music
- Coordinate flow of the dining room to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons
- Escort guess to tables and provide menus
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items and answer questions
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course
- Make reservations in property management system
- Contact guests/parties prior to arrival to confirm reservations
- Complete opening and closing procedures as well as daily side-work
- Proficiently utilizes the property management systems and follow cash handling procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Knowledge of gust service etiquette and proper food and beverage serving techniques
- Ability to perform all host-related tasks and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize, and maintain service at multiple tables at a time
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
Work Environment / Conditions
- High school diploma, GED Degree, or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Student or graduate of hotel management - preferred
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and stand and walk up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform. All Grand Performers are required to perform the essential functions, physical demands and intended purpose of their role in a satisfactory manner within the Performance Standards, Intuitive Service Standards and Core Values of the company in effort to achieve the company's mission and uphold the company culture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role. Kessler Collection is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Kessler Collection does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
My signature below confirms my acknowledgment that I have read and understand this job description. I understand that I must be able to satisfactorily perform the listed duties and responsibilities at the designated level of knowledge, skill and ability commensurate with my job title and level within the organization. I further confirm that I am able to successfully perform these duties and responsibilities within the described environment.