We have an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking and strategic revenue management professional to join our corporate team in Raleigh! The ideal candidate will be analytical, results driven and have the ability to build cohesive relationships with hotel teams. This role will require both strategic and tactical execution of pricing, market segment optimization, channel and yield management to maximize revenues, profitability, and increase market share across our portfolio of branded hotels. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales & Revenue Strategy and will play an integral part of enhancing and growing PHG’s revenue culture.
This position offers competitive pay, vacation, paid time off, medical/dental/vision, short-term/long-term disability, 401K, life insurance, FSA, fitness reimbursements, worldwide employee travel discounts, and more! Relocation assistance available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily analysis of hotel performance within primary booking window. Make recommendations and implement changes for any opportunities to optimize revenue strategy.
- Use all Yield Management tools available to maximize efforts. Develop appropriate selling strategies for retail rates, arrival patterns, length of stay, and discount rate availability.
- Monitor and manage RMS. Update hotel rate and inventory controls.
- Review market pricing regularly to ensure proper positioning for short term and long term booking windows.
- Understand demand drivers, seasonality, and competitive landscape for each hotel and market.
- Leverage business intelligence resources to develop optimal pricing, inventory, and channel strategies.
- Lead weekly or bi-weekly revenue strategy calls with hotel teams.
- Review market segmentation and make recommendations how to optimize mix.
- Stay current with all brand programs, promotions, and initiatives to understand how these affect each hotel and how to leverage or manage.
- Monitor special event dates to ensure optimal strategies are in place.
- Assist with forecast and budgets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hotel revenue management with at least 2 years managing a portfolio of 8+ hotels.
- Experience with Hilton systems including OnQ R&I and GRO.
- Ability to build cohesive and productive relationships with hotel leadership teams.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate analysis into actionable insights.
- Must be able to use sound judgement and decision making with the ability to influence others using data to back up decisions or recommendations.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly interpret data and make recommendations.
- Proficient with business intelligence platforms including Demand360 and OTA Insight.
- Strong organization and time management skills are essential with the ability to prioritize highest impacting activities.
- Proficiency with MicroSoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, and business analytics software.
- Willing to relocate to Raleigh, NC area if not a locally based candidate.
- At times, flexible hours may be required including evenings or weekends.