WE ARE GROWING RAPIDLY!
We are seeking Regional Director of Operations candidates immediately.
Become Part of the Marshall Team……
Marshall Hotels & Resorts, is a premium management company responsible for an eclectic group of branded and independent hotels throughout the United States. Joining the Marshall Team gives you a rewarding career opportunity with a nationally ranked hospitality management company that focuses on customer satisfaction and personal growth. We pride ourselves in continually seeking motivated team members who believe guest service is the top priority.
Our Regional Director of Operation will oversee the asset and fiscal management of their portfolio of branded and independent hotels. This requires a hands-on professional to oversee the day-to-day operations with assistance from the corporate offices to provide resources designed to assist the success of the on-site property teams. Successful candidates are those that value his or her associates, realizing that it is the on-site management and associates that create the service environment and the success levels we seek in all our hotel properties. We look for self-starters who can assume full charge of their assigned portfolios, who can obtain and maintain service indices that exceed their competition, while achieving agreed upon financial goals. A top priority is to maintain the high level of owner satisfaction that we have established and to serve as the liaison between the management company and the hotel's ownership groups.
Our Regional Director of Operations will be based in the northern Virginia / central/western Pennsylvania area and must have big box experience such as Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Choice, etc. as well as experience running full-service hotels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Become familiar with the Property Management systems of various franchise systems.
- Become familiar and standardize aspects of Front Desk operations.
- Instill in all hotel personnel the qualities of Guest Service. This process should be enhanced by using the best practices of any franchise programs.
- Monitor the flow of paperwork and cash from receipt to final disposition of deposit or delivery to Home Office.
- Attend and participate in department head staff meetings while on property. This would include scheduling through GM prior to date. Observe the flow of discussion and ideas between the GM and staff.
- Inspect the entire property. Inspect guest rooms with GM and various department heads. Walk the entire hotel inside and out alone to determine any problems. Question management prior to group walk to see if they are aware of any outstanding issues.
- During inspection, monitor hotel for any cleanliness issues or maintenance issues. Create a punch list for any significant maintenance issues or trending cleanliness issues.
- Observe the laundry function during the workday. Determine any equipment issues that must be addressed.
- Determine status of various mechanical equipment. Does anything need repair. Does any equipment show sign of wear. Does the equipment seem to be in good repair and adequately maintained.
- Determine organization of the Housekeeping and Maintenance departments. Are files in order, areas organized, and supplies stored in a neat manner.
- Ensure all departments are completing correct reporting and forwarding it to proper area.
- Meet with GM to determine their view of the operation. Spend time discussing the various employees and their performance. Determine if your view corresponds to that of the GM. Is the GM operating the property according to the standards set forth.
- Monitor payroll and staffing levels with the GM.
- Determine purchasing system used by GM to procure supplies for the hotel.
- Determine if GM is monitoring hotel reporting.
- Review the monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Learn the aspects of cash flow and balance sheet and how they relate to the P&L.
- Monitor the accounts payable of the hotel.
- Determine what invoices are to be paid on a weekly basis. This requires learning when items such as taxes and mortgages are due. How will these requirements be impacted by payroll cycle funding requirements.
- Learn the flow of financial paperwork from the hotel to the corporate office.
- Learn the flow inside of office and how that will impact the monthly P&L.
- Learn the preparation of the hotel’s daily report.
- Learn the various aspects of the corporate accounting software and how to extract information.
- Monitor financial information in corporate accounting software on a regular basis for hotel performance.
- Learn corporate annual budget process.
- Learn connection of Sales & Marketing aspects and how they dovetail into the budget.
- Monitor the budget on a regular basis to determine hotel performance.
- Learn what to look for in the monthly P&L as it relates to hotel performance.
- Learn corporate forecasting process.
- Monitory property level staff for knowledge of financial goals.
Sales & Marketing
- Review and monitor the overall performance of the hotel sales staff
- Work with Corporate and Regional sales personnel to set goals for performance.
- Work with both franchise and corporate staff in determining revenue management criteria.
- Become familiar with the franchise systems and how they relate to establishing revenue management goals. Determine the thought process behind goals to ensure they are compatible with market conditions.
- Review with property level staff the current marketing plan for production and adherence of objectives.
- Determine if hotel sales staff are working in a manner that will maximize sales calls, attention to leads, returning of phone calls and conducting site tours.
- Is the property level staff following the direction of the regional sales & marketing corporate contact
- Is the property sales department responsible for billing and involved in collection of receivables. Does the sales department understand credit policies as it relates to accounts.
In addition to a great work environment, our talented teams enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus program
- Professional development and growth
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, ALLSTATE plans for Accident / Critical Illness / Hospital, Legal Shield plan, Identity Shield plan, and Flexible Spending Plans for Medical and Dependent Care
- Commuter Benefit options (in select locations)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k retirement plan
- Room discounts at all Marshall-managed hotel locations
A History of Excellence
Who We Are
Founded in 1980 by industry icon Charles Marshall, Marshall Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is a full-service hotel management company that specializes in all property segments, from roadside, independent hotels to four-star, beachfront resorts, throughout the United States. MH&R’s typical hotels average 100 to 500 rooms in urban, business, suburban and resort locations. In addition to a variety of non-branded hotels, MH&R works with virtually all major hotel franchise companies, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Hyatt Hotels Corp., Radisson, Choice Hotels, Best Western Hotels & Resorts and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in considering this opportunity with Marshall Hotels & Resorts. Please visit our website to view current openings at www.marshallhotels.com or for future consideration, email your resume to email@example.com.