Job Title: Pastry Sous Chef Who We Are:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. To learn more about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, watch this exciting video: We Are Four Seasons
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is a luxury hotel nestled in the foothills of Pinnacle Peak amid towering cacti, enriched with outstanding design and talent.https://www.fourseasons.com/scottsdale/https://www.instagram.com/fsscottsdale/ The Opportunity:
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is seeking an experienced Sous Chef who can plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes breads, chocolates and show pieces while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
"Start with the Heart"
- Oversee staff training and development for menu changes
- Communicate clearly and often with Kitchen staff, fellow members of the Chef team and colleagues throughout the Food and Beverage division.
- Develop & foster strong relationships with SCO team.
- Be a hands on Pastry Mentor and Team member supporting the Culinary Team as a whole
- Encourage cross utilization from Pastry to Savory and vice versa
"Master your Craft"
- Own the food presentation for guests dining in all SCO F&B outlets
- Contribute to the process of developing menus for all SCO outlets, while promoting the concepts.
- Order all required product to maintain sufficient inventory all while backing into budgeted food cost.
- Work closely with Catering and Social Catering to create "Sweet Experiences" and enhance the existing wedding packages and Cake Library
- Organize all areas of the kitchen including prep, hotline stations and boh storage.
- Manage and speak to Culinary labor on a weekly basis.
- Develop seasonal menus that highlight fresh, local product, and oversee their recipe design and output.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Birch street including but not limited to costing, recipe input, ordering and purchasing processes.
Who We Look For:
- Lead with integrity and inspire camaraderie in an intense environment.
- Support creativity among culinary team members, and mentor the next generation of culinary talent.
- Build rapport with purveyors, chefs and local peers within the restaurant community.
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Ideal candidate will have:
Some Benefits Four Season Employees Enjoy:
- Three to five years previous experience in multiple culinary/food & beverage department head positions specializing in pastry design and creation.
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Requires a working knowledge of division operations
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round.
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan)
- And so much more!
US work authorization is required US work authorization is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf