Job DescriptionOvernight Engineer
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking an experienced Engineer III
to join our hotel team. The Engineer III
will be responsible to respond to job assignments both Hotel and campus such as tasks, programs, projects; preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, as well as monitoring and make necessary repairs to the Hotel's decorative and timber finishes that may be required to ensure the quality of service provided to guests and colleagues the highest standard is maintained at all times. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execution of assigned tasks, projects or programs, as instructed by the department's management and ensure completion competently within a given time.
- To ensure all logs, record sheets and day to day events are correctly completed and kept up to date prior to finishing your shift.
- To ensure through inspecting and carrying out repairs of all areas within the Hotel and on campus, and execution of standard procedures, the highest standard of maintenance is achieved.
- To ensure any work requests that may come from the Hotel's guests or senior management is responded to within a given time. All such requests are to be recorded along with what action is taken.
- If, for any reason maintenance requests are not completed, these are to be highlighted and handed over to Engineering Management.
- Ensure that at the start of each shift you obtain assignments of the function list for the day via CMMS (Centralized Maintenance Management System).
- Through contiguously searching for new ideas and product improvements, guest and colleague's demands are met.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Display knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: fire life, health, safety, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, laundry, spa, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area. and/or general building. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must have minimum of two years hands-on experience working around Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen, Finishing
- Hotel opening experience preferred.
- Knowledge in and or experience with Forbes 5 Star service standards is preferred.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Must be able to work overnight, weekends, and holidays