The Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown and Convention Center
Are you looking for a place that will inspire and challenge you? Let us be that place, as we show you the joys of working in hospitality!
Un-conventional (Location and Look)
Approachable (Upscale Unexpected Service)
Down to Earth (LEED and ELP Certified for sustainability efforts)
Truly Colorado (Our Vibe)
This Embassy Suites by Hilton is a gateway to Denver's lively downtown scene. Boasting a contemporary convention venue, our Silver LEED™-certified hotel is within walking distance of the best attractions in the downtown area.
The team at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown looks forward to sharing their experiences with you and can offer you an environment focused on learning and development. Come and choose your next career adventure at our Embassy Suites and not only have fun where you work but be a part of our unconventional, approachable, down to earth team!
Submit your resume and application today!
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for FTYR employees
• 401(k) with Employer Matching
• Discounted On-Site Downtown Parking
• Hotel Discounts (Both Hilton & Sage Portfolio)
Sage Values & Culture: At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.Job Overview
Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.Responsibilities
- Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily.
- Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts.
High school education or equivalent experience.Experience
Accounting background preferred, but not required.Knowledge/Skills
- Ability to operate personal computer, cash register and calculator.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
- Moderate hearing required to communicate with guests.
- Excellent vision required for viewing of CRT screen.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to communicate with guests over the telephone.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for reading daily reports, numbers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing,
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Prolonged standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%