Job DetailsJob Location
: Royal Grove - Honolulu - Honolulu, HISalary Range
: UndisclosedNIGHT AUDITORYou're a night owl! You're mentally alert and see yourself being more productive without seeing the sun. Or, you just have a busy day schedule and prefer to work during the graveyard shift.You are computer-savvy and have worked at a front desk of a hotel before.If so, we are looking for a Night Auditor.Here is your main responsibility:
If you are the one, as the Night Auditor, you will audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. rooms/front desk) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure OLS and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud.These are what you need to do:
1. Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc. to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
2. Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlet's cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
3. Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing.
4. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
5. Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily.
6. Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
7. Perform the duties of a Front Desk Associate including express checkouts and duties of a bellperson as needed
8. Assist in taking and placing wake-up calls,
9. Handle cash and balance House Bank each shiftYou may be assigned this:
Our expectations from you:
- Perform other duties as requested by OLS management
These are what the job requires: Education:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
High School Education or equivalent experience.Experience:
Accounting background a plus, but not required; previous Front Desk Agent or Night Audit experience a plusSkills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone switchboard/console, printer
- Must possess a good knowledge of computerized hotel systems i.e. Oprah PMS and other software such as MS Excel, MS Word;
- Must be a positive team player;
- Ability to compile facts and figures with the ability to analyze moderately complex mathematical calculations;
- Good written/verbal communication skills;
- Must maintain a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Maintains composure and objectivity when needed
- Very good telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills;
No. of associates supervised: Oversee overnight staff Hours Required:
Scheduled days and times may vary based on needOLS Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.