Sage Hotel Management is currently seeking a Marketing Manager at Canopy Bethesda North, located in Bethesda MD. As a member of our Collaborative, you will have the opportunity for personal growth, to engage in our community, and you will enjoy the opportunity to enrich lives one experience at a time.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today!Job Overview
The Marketing Manager is a dual role overseeing the marketing planning, operations and execution at The Canopy by Hilton, Washington DC Bethesda North and its associated F&B outlets, in partnership with Sage Restaurant Concepts and Sage Hotel Management marketing management teams. The marketing manager will be responsible for all marketing activities on property, including but not limited to planning, activations, promotions, events, partnerships, social media, public relations agency oversight, email marketing, and website management. In partnership with the Sage home office support team, this role will also ensure the integrity of digital reputation management, menu management and advertising initiatives. In conjunction with the marketing teams, ensures proper use of marketing tracking links throughout digital channels. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized, tech-savvy and has the ability to learn new systems quickly. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with the art of the pivot. They can manage multiple competing priorities and effectively prioritize workload. Must be able to write well, with proper spelling and grammar, and ensure content is on brand and in voice. Responsibilities
- Develop and submit quarterly and monthly marketing plans to Sage Home Office and collaborate with SRC and SHM home office and regional marketing teams to ensure integrated campaign approaches, proper data collection via our tools and systems, and brand integrity across all external marketing content. Plans should include a regular cadence of promotions, events and activations for the restaurant and hotel.
- Following the social media strategy and SOPs provided by the brand, responsible for restaurant and hotel social media content including pre-scheduled content via Sprout Social and in-the-moment stories, videos, etc. as well as guest engagement/community management of our social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram).
- Responsible for developing a regular cadence of email campaign content for the restaurant, as well as strategies and tactics to grow and nurture this audience, while highlighting the hotel when appropriate. Also responsible for working with home office marketing team on creation of relevant automated email campaigns, loyalty programs and review surveys to foster new guest acquisition and guest loyalty.
- Oversight of F&B, lifestyle and travel PR agency partner selected in conjunction with home office and regional marketing team; ensure regular cadence of newsworthy pitching, media and influencer visits, reporting to relevant stakeholders and coordination of filming/photoshoots on property.
- In partnership with home office marketing, maintain up-to-date content, visual assets, brand presence and integrity across all guest-facing digital platforms for both the hotel and restaurant including but not limited to website, Yelp, Google My Business, TripAdvisor, Tock, TripleSeat/Gather, SinglePlatform and OpenTable.
- In partnership with SRC Home Office marketing, ensure up-to-date restaurant website content and management, including homepage alerts and pop-ups, "happenings" pages to promote our marketing activities, trackable UTM links and OpenTable reservations links and menus + days/hours of operations. No HTML knowledge required.
- In partnership with SRC Home Office marketing team, conceive of, execute, measure and evaluate ongoing advertising initiatives including but not limited to paid social media, Yelp and OpenTable campaigns, and/or digital advertising opportunities with relevant local media outlets or influencers.
- Work with restaurant teams to ensure proper configuration of reservation platforms and private dining sales tools, including collaborating with IT teams to ensure floorplans match between SRC tools and POS.
- Assist with responding to online reviews as assigned by SRC home office marketing team.
- Ensure consistency of storytelling and brand messaging across all channels and email marketing campaigns, as well as consistency of tracking across all digital content and outbound links.
- Work with home office and regional marketing teams to benchmark, measure, track and analyze the performance of demand-generation channels, content and campaigns/digital marketing initiatives. Use this reporting to drive improved content, marketing initiatives and decisions. Ensure insights and learnings lead to measurable actions.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in the restaurant digital space, including online ordering, online marketing and measurement.
- Set ambitious growth, engagement and web traffic goals on all platforms and stay accountable to these goals.
- Responsible for marketing within the restaurant's 4-walls (check presenters, table tents, special menus and promotional materials, hotel cross-marketing including elevator signage, check-in collateral, etc.) as well as developing and leveraging creative community partnerships with nearby offices, apartment buildings, associations, non-competing businesses, etc. to drive business.
- Responsible for executing hotel marketing needs on property, including but not limited to activations, community engagement within the Pike & Rose neighborhood and serving as a brand ambassador for the Canopy and its F&B offerings.
A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.Experience
Required to have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a marketing position. Hospitality experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to read manager's letters, help prepare contracts and proposals
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows
- Communication at all levels; multi-tasking; time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
95% indoor office environment