In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE: Assigned to the restaurant or banquet facility to provide and prepare required food items upon order to members and guests of the facility. Reports to the Executive and Sous Chef’s.
- To prepare all items as ordered by food server or per banquet contract.
- To prepare all items as ordered per specifications of department; this includes correct portions and presentations, per instructions of Executive Chef.
- To maintain a friendly, courteous relationship with food service and catering staff.
- Maintains proper personal hygiene when working at station.
- Evidences basic knowledge of sanitary and health department statutes governing food service.
- Checks all raw foodstuffs to assure their freshness and healthfulness.
- To assist in the storage, transportation and rotation of kitchen foodstuffs in all refrigerated and dry goods food storage rooms per the Executive Chef's directive.
- Maintains all kitchen equipment, work stations, tools and appliances in a clean, sanitary condition.
- Advises Executive Chef of any equipment which is in disrepair.
-Follows all operational guidelines as set forth by the food department.
- Controls all food. No food is given out without signed tickets with member number.
- Performs any other duties assigned by a supervisor in relation to the job duties.
Frequency Key: Never -- 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional -- 1-3 hours;
Frequent 3-6 hours; Constant -- 6-8 hours
- Physical Activity Frequency:
- Sitting – Rarely - Walking - Frequent
- Climbing – Occasional - Standing - Constant
- Crouching - Rare - Reaching - Frequent
- Grasping – Constant - Pushing/Pulling - Rare
- Near Vision – Constant - Far Vision - Frequent
- Hearing – Constant - Talking -- Constant
- Smell – Constant - Taste - Occasional
- Travel - Rare - Lifting/Carrying -- Frequent- up to 25 pounds
The position of the Line Cook works under the supervision of the Executive Chef, under the Director of Food and Beverage and under the directive of the General Manager.
Vacation, Holiday and Birthday Pay
Vacation, Holiday and Birthday pay are per the Employee Handbook. Each non-exempt employee's eligibility for vacation, holiday and birthday pay begins immediately upon fulltime hiring date.
Non-exempt employees are entitled to accrue vacation at the following rate:
After one (1) year - one week at base pay
After two (2) years - two weeks at base pay
After eight (8) years - three weeks at base pay
After fifteen (15) years - four weeks at base pay
Victoria Club observes the following paid holidays:
January 1 (New Year's Day) Easter Mother's Day Father's Day Memorial Day
July 4th (Independence Day) Labor Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day
Full time employees receive a day off with pay for their birthdays. Pay out of birthday pay is per the Employee Handbook.
Victoria Club offers 36 hours of paid sick leave to regular full-time employees. Pay out of sick pay is per the Employee Handbook.
Victoria Club offers two (2) days of paid leave for bereavement per the Employee Handbook.
On the first day of the new month following completion of 60 days of fulltime employment with Victoria Club, non-exempt fulltime employees may enroll in the Club’s healthcare plan through CalChoice. The Club currently pays 100% of the monthly premium for the employee only for the baseline HMO Gold A Kaiser HMO plan… but the employee may, at their own expense, purchase another plan from the Club’s list of carriers, including PPO’s; the employee may select any plan the Club offers, but Victoria Club only pays the amount for the Kaiser Gold A HMO benchmark plan. The employee is responsible for any difference in cost and will pay for that cost as a payroll deduction. Though the Club does not cover eligible dependents, the employee may choose to add their eligible dependents to their plan. Premiums are paid for by the employee, not Victoria Club. Dependents must have the same plan as the employee. The employee pays for healthcare for their eligible dependents as an out-of-pocket expense, as a payroll deduction.
Dental and Vision
Non-exempt fulltime employees also have the option of enrolling themselves and any eligible family members in our dental and vision plans through CalChoice, which are a voluntary plan, and paid for by employees.
Victoria Club provides fulltime employees Basic Life and Accident and Dismemberment coverage in the amount of $20,000.00. This policy is through Mutual of Omaha, and is paid for by Victoria Club. Some of the voluntary plans are portable.
Additional Mutual of Omaha Voluntary Employee and Dependent Insurance Coverage Elections:
Employees may also purchase, as a payroll deduction, the following Voluntary Insurance’s:
Voluntary Short-term Disability
Voluntary Life and Accident and Dismemberment
Voluntary Critical Illness
Long Term Care
Victoria Club provides fulltime employee’s employer paid Long Term Care insurance. Employees may voluntarily add additional coverage, which is paid for by the employee as a payroll deduction. This plan is portable.
Victoria Club also has a 401k plan and non-exempt fulltime employees are eligible to participate per Victoria Club’s plan guidelines. Enrollment dates are the first day of each new calendar quarter. Victoria Club does not currently contribute to this plan for employees. It is a voluntary plan and contributions are employee only.
The position of Line Cook is a non-exempt, fulltime, hourly position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 2 years experience as a line cook w/both hot and cold line, sauté, grill, banquet experience preferred. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment; both day & evening shifts are available. Line Cooks need to be available for for overtime during busy seasons.
|Address||2521 Arroyo Drive, Riverside, CA, 92506 View map|
|Property type||Country club|