Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Employment Status
Line Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio. Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.