Leisure Sales ManagerSalamander Resort & SpaMiddleburg, VA
A property of: Salamander Hotels & Resorts
This Job Post is no longer active
In less than 2 minutes, get your Personal Score for every job
The Leisure Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing Transient Revenue for the Resort with special emphasis on growing the Leisure BAR, Consortia, Package with a focus on American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, and Signature. Responsibilities include targeting and securing new accounts, conducting direct sales calls, attending travel and trade show-related activities and property presentations to retail travel agencies and reservation call centers. This position must actively communicate with the Director of Sales and Marketing, Reservations, Revenue Management and Marketing Teams as well as the Vice President of Leisure Sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Increase transient revenue with a focus on retail, consortia, package and qualified discount segments in both domestic and international markets
• Respond to all customer inquiries and requests for pricing in a timely manner
• Plan and execute sales calls, presentations and client entertainment with retail travel agents, luxury travel managers, and other intermediaries
• Host and direct on-property Travel Partner FAM Trips, Site Inspections and Educational Tours
• Support and promote leisure packages, offers and promotions in conjunction with the Revenue Management and Marketing Teams
• Conduct research on key account room night/revenue performance at competitive-set hot
• Prepare account performance reports on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
• Conduct monthly account review meetings with property DOSM and Home Office
• Implement marketing initiatives as outlined in the marketing plan for appropriate accounts
• Set and negotiate, with direction from Home Office and DOSM all rates for special corporate/preferred and local volume negotiated accounts
• Monitor and understand the transient sales strategies and promotional programs of the competitive-set as well the strengths and weaknesses of each property
• Develop and execute sales strategies to support revenue objectives of the Resort
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
• Consistently present a polished, professional image of the Resort and Salamander brand
• Monitor implementation of packages and offers with operational departments and deploy to luxury partnerships (FH&R, Virtuoso, Signature)
• Effectively cross-sell Resort outlets and revenue centers (i.e. spa, dining, equestrian and activities)
• Travel required based on the marketing plan focusing on retail travel agencies, consortia and wholesale accounts
• Will be self-motivated, team-oriented, ambitious and driven for sales success
• Execute additional projects and duties as assigned by the Home Office and property DOSM
• Four-year degree (or equivalent experience) in business related field
• Minimum of five (5) years in luxury hotel and/or resort required
• Travel agency experience needed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Delphi, Opera and front office systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft excel
• Ability to create and interpret revenue reports used to lead the revenue management process.
• Overnight travel is required
• May require evening, night, holiday and weekend assignments on occasion
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salamander Resort & Spa embraces gracious hospitality whilst presenting guests with all the comforts of home in a sophisticated, yet casual style. This unmatched work environment offers profshow moreshow more
500 North Pendleton Street, Middleburg, VA, 20117 View map
Tashea LoweryCorporate Director of Human ResourcesWhen your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt
Prem DevadasPresidentPrem Devadas, President, is a 25-year veteran of the hospitality industry. After ten years with The Potomac Hotel Group in Washington, D.C., he left the Regional Director of Operations position to manage the lodging portfolio for CCA Industries whose holdings include The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA, The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, TN and Kiawah Island Resort near Charleston, SC. As Managing Director, he repositioned the Jefferson Hotel and the Hermitage Hotel through extensive renovations, and achieved Mobil Five Star and AAA Five Diamond awards for the respective properties. At Kiawah Island, he directed the development and successful opening in August 2004 of The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island, the new 255-room ultra-luxury hotel, which is hailed as one of the world's best.
Theresa SiloVice President of Human ResourcesTheresa Silo, Vice President of Human Resources, is directly responsible for the human resources departments throughout the Salamander portfolio. A seasoned and respected industry leader, her experience features leadership roles at some of the country’s most decorated properties. Silo spent 14 years at Kiawah Island Golf Resort in two spells, working as both director of human resources and the director of operations at the Kiawah Island Inn. She has also served as the general manager of The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, TN; director of operations at the Waldorf Towers in New York, NY; and front office manager at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA.
John SpeersVice President of OperationsJohn Speers, Vice President of Operations, oversees day-to-day operations of the company's hotels and resorts. He brings an exceptional background in luxury and Five Star/Five Diamond operations, having previously served as Senior Vice President overseeing properties such as Chatham Bars Inn and the Inn at Perry Cabin, as well as the Managing Director for The Little Nell Hotel, Residences at Little Nell, and The Aspen Mountain Club. Speers has previously served as General Manager of Faena Hotels in Miami Beach, as Resort Manager of Four Seasons Jackson Hole in Teton Village, WY, and as Director of Food and Beverage at Four Season Chicago. He began his career as an Executive Assistant Manager, Director of Food and Beverage at The Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach in Florida. Prior to joining Ritz Carlton, he was the General Manager of acclaimed restaurant's in San Francisco and New York City.