Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect and perform maintenance tasks daily to ensure all pools and spas are clear in appearance and proper water balance is maintained. Check all equipment components for proper operation. This requires the individual to be able to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires knowledge in the trade.
- Detailed record keeping in English is required for logs and inspection
- Maintain pool inventory of supplies needed to perform job function. Prepare requisition for purchase, as required department managers must approve all purchases.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Report major repairs and items which cannot be repaired to the supervisor for further action and if necessary, place a suite out of order.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, such as water proofing, shop clean up and labeling of hazardous materials.
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.OTHER DUTIES
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton Phoenix Resort at the Peak from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Team Members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Upon employment, all Team Members are required to fully comply with Hilton Phoenix Resort at the Peak rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team Members who violate resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all timesSAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Persons working in this job may be exposed to conditions that require the use of the following personal protective equipment:
-Apron -Hard Hat
-Chemical Gloves -Leather Gloves
-Dust Mask -Respirator
-Ear protection -Rubber Boots
-Electrical Gloves -Safety Lockout
-Electrical Test Equipment -Safety Glasses
-Equipment Guards -Face Shield
-Fire Extinguisher -Welding Goggles
-Fuse Pullers -Welding Shield
-Goggles -Steel Toe Shoes
Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your supervisor.SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Performing these duties requires experience in water balance chemistry and all phase of pool/spa operation, and to be able to use basic hand and power tools. The ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEDUCATION:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.EXPERIENCE:
Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical. CPO certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
See Job Description.