The Lead Massage Therapist will perform services, count inventory, assist with massage therapist scheduling, write protocols for spa services, monitor cost per treatment, as well as schedule and conduct trainings. The Lead Massage Therapist is responsible for assisting the Spa Director with professional buying, training, and inventory. The Lead Massage Therapist is responsible for administering body treatments and massages to guests. S/he will provide exceptional service to create an extraordinary guest experience. The Lead Massage Therapist will maintain the AAA Four Diamond standards.
The Lead Massage Therapist will always conduct him/herself in a manner which supports the Core Values of Sunriver Resort: Trust, Commitment, & Open and Honest Communication
S/he shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times and for exemplifying the Sunriver Resort Culture as well as promoting Sunriver Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice. Essential Functions
- Receive practical massage interview
- Schedule and conduct all new hire trainings, practice massages and continual education trainings for the massage therapist team.
- Completes monthly inventory on professional products
- Creates professional product depletion report and monitors cost per treatment.
- Creates and trains treatment protocols for massage and body treatment services in assistance with the Spa Director.
- Makes schedule changes for spa therapists in Spa Soft.
- Maintain an organized and clean dispensary area, as well as making sure massage therapist team is also doing so.
- Coach room and guest service standards when needed.
- Conduct bi-weekly room checks
- Report any staff attendance or service issues to the Spa Director or Manager, when needed.
- Required to attend all meetings and relevant trainings.
- Contacts appropriate party, if necessary, when a guest problem is reported
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to Spa Director or Manager.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Sunriver Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Attends appropriate resort and departmental meetings
- Resolves guest and massage therapist team problems and is empowered to act in absence of manager
- Maintains records for all VIPs, special requests, etc.
- Submits work orders when needed.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Up sells treatments to guests
- Recommend relevant retail items to treatments guests, if used in service
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Communicates all pertinent information to the Sage Springs team
- Provides prompt service with each appointment and performs services within the appropriate allotted time
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule
- Performs chair massages at various resort events
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Attends appropriate resort and departmental meetings
- Provides consistent professional body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Is flexible with schedules, supporting the needs of the spa
- Properly cares for the equipment and uses proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas
- Actively promotes home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals
- Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures, as well as Oregon Health Authority Licensing Requirements
- Ensuring all massage therapist licenses are valid and alert team member if theirs is expiring soon.
- Performs prep work and properly cleans and restocks room as required
- Actively promotes the spa, treatments, services, clinics and retail as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available
- Handles guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Possesses the ability to work without direct supervision
- Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality work environment
- Assists in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Valid Oregon massage therapy license required
- A minimum of 3 years as a massage provider in a spa is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality or resort experience preferred
- At least one year customer service experience required
Sunriver Resort is Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon . Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers. Company Introduction
Sunriver - The Start of The Unforgettable
Inspiration, discovery and treasured memories await you in this stunning mountain resort. Tee off on one of 4 award-winning golf courses or rejuvenate in our beautiful spa and fitness center. Splash in The Cove aquatic center. Fly fish for that big one on the Deschutes. Stay in one of our luxurious homes or suites. Immerse in endless year-round recreation and relaxation.