This is the job description for LAUNDRY/LINEN ATTENDANT
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper
Job Purpose: To tend laundering machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and guests.
1. Load articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
2. Turn valve to fill washer with water.
3. Start machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
4. Lift clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measured time
5. Sort dried articles according to identification number or type.
6. Fold and place item in appropriate storage bin.
7. Iron all table linens.
8. Lubricate machines, using grease gun and oil can.
9. Ensure cleanliness of equipment.
10. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Follow instructions.
2. Adjust to doing the same thing over and over.
3. Move or lift heavy objects.
4. Familiarity of the material safety data sheet when using chemicals and safety rules when working around machinery.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: None required
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries more than 50 lbs. Continual use of
manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
X In areas of strong vibration
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.