The Laundry Attendant is responsible for washing, ironing, folding and distributing all clean linens, towels, napkins and tablecloths to ensure that guests consistently receive clean products throughout their stay.
* Team members must be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow team members.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Practice safe work habits to ensure safety of guests, fellow team members and self.
* Sort linen according to size, color and fabric.
* Separate soiled linen from damaged linen.
* Perform linen count and maintain laundry records.
* Wash, dry, press and fold items according to hotel standards.
* Wash, press and repair hotel uniforms as needed.
* Transport linen and other supplies.
* Ability to clean and maintain laundry equipment, linen trucks and laundry floor.
* Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., push/push moderate to heavy weight.
* Ability to walk long distances and stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to perform repetitive motion, bend, crouch, or kneel to perform specific tasks.
* Perform other work-related duties as required by the Director of Housekeeping.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year of Laundry Room operations is required.
* Working experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled