The Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining guest rooms, hallways, furnishings, flooring and work areas. Cleaning rooms includes duties such as changing bed linens and emptying trash as well as vacuuming carpets and dusting furniture. The Houseperson replaces guest supplies, i.e. soap, shampoo, bathroom tissue, etc., and maintains all staff closets. Duties also include cleaning the common areas, stairwells, elevators, and landings. Secondary duties may include shoveling snow from walkways, assisting with guest transportation, assisting with guest luggage. All team members must ensure the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
The Houseperson is responsible for executing any reasonable task requested by his/her manager or supervisor.
* Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing
* Ensure spaces are cared for and inspected according to standards
* Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
* Notify superiors of any damages, deficits, and disturbances
* Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
* Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
* Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
* Proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper
* Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
* Customer-oriented and friendly
* Prioritization and time management skills
* Working quickly without compromising quality
* Knowledge of the English language
see above for details