This position of a Houseman will encompass all tasks of the Housekeeping department to maintain the cleanliness and Hilton CleanStay standards for the hotel. This position will assist housekeepers in the removal of linens and trash from the guest rooms. Help maintain all public areas and assist in any special projects to maintain the hotel premises in a clean and safe manner to promote a positive and safe environment for all.
- Keep all assigned public and heart of house areas, clean and neat, free from dust, dirt and trash.
- Deliver clean linen and other housekeeping supplies to linen closets and housekeepers.
- Strip bed linens and remove trash from checkout room as needed.
- Collect and deliver from the floors dirty linen to laundry and dirty dishware and glasses to the kitchen.
- Collect trash and recycling from housekeeping carts, guest rooms, collection areas and dispose of properly.
- Vacuum, mop, dust, polish and clean hallways, elevators, landing and public area as needed or required.
- Flip mattresses quarterly
- Answer radio calls to deliver supplies for guest requests as needed and Housekeeping Supervisors needs.
- Prepare guest rooms, make-up rollaways or service guest as needed if required
- Perform special assigned tasks from manager, ie shampoo carpeting, cleaning of ceiling fans.
Qualified candidates should possess good customer service skills and teamwork and must be able to:
- Work, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
- Work both AMs and PMs
- Read and communicate in English
- Walk, stand, bend, stoop, lift and carry 20-50lbs. consistently during an 8 hour shift
Works well as a member of a groupEducation
High School or better.Experience1 year(s):
Previous hotel experience