Join our Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea family! Our hotel offers the perfect balance between relaxation and convenience for guests. The location’s proximity to Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, Holy Cross Hospital and local businesses appeals to business travelers. Inversely, the hotel provides leisure travelers with easy access to world-class beaches, snorkeling and scuba diving in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Pompano Beach.
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea’s 106 guest rooms includes free Wi-Fi, private balconies and flat screened TVs. The hotel offers on site dinning that serves breakfast and Starbucks® coffee in the morning, as well as dinner and drinks in the evening. The hotel also offer a 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and spa.
As a Housekeeping Rooms Manager, you will:
- Oversee staffing levels to verify that guest service exceeds operational needs.
- Set up daily housekeeping boards, inspect guestrooms to Marriott standards, and communicate with the Front Desk.
- Handle guest problems and complaints as necessary.
- Coach and counsel staff.
- Ensure staff compliance with policies, procedures, city and state regulations, and Marriott International Courtyard brand standards.
- Inventory stock to verify adequate supplies, manage ordering through preferred vendors, oversee operational budgetary guidelines are met.
- Ensure employees have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Proactively report and work with Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
- Comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Attend and proactively participate in multi-department meetings.
- Contribute to the culture of service excellence.
- Work with General Manager in managing housekeeping finances and operational budget requirements.
- Coordinate with General Manager to ensure hotel initiatives are implemented and executed properly.
- Conduct Human Resource activities to support housekeeping department team members to benefit hotel operations and employee satisfaction.
- Participate in the development and implementation of action plans to continually improve guest satisfaction and promote employee development.