In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Aloft Austin at the Domain is looking for an enthusiastic Executive Housekeeper/Director of Housekeeping who is looking to join our awesome team and take the lead on all things Aloft and all things clean!
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for managing the housekeeping, laundry facilities of the hotel in a safe and cost effective manner in order to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and protect the assets of the hotel. He/she will participate as a member of the Hotel Management Team and perform other duties as assigned. The Executive Housekeeper is expected to actively develop and promote service skills in dealing with clients, guests and co-workers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Experience in a hotel or a related field is required.
· Supervisory experience is required.
· Fluent in spoken and written English is required.
· Bi-lingual expertise in Spanish is helpful.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Ability to reach overhead, utilize both hands, to bend over and to stoop and kneel.
· Ability to operate light equipment such as vacuum cleaners and dishwashers.
· Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during their shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage the operation of the housekeeping department to ensure compliance with Aloft standards, safety rules, and health and sanitation regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
· Must be able to understand and follow directions, guidelines and work objectives as set forth by the General Manager.
· Must possess a complete understanding and working ability to manage the operations of the housekeeping department.
· Must be capable of utilizing both hands in order to perform such tasks as changing bed linens, scrubbing pots, etc.
· Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Manage the human resource functions within the Housekeeping Department to attract, maintain and motivate employees.
· Conduct department meetings with housekeeping staff according to company standards.
· Prepare employee schedules in accordance with budgets and business forecasts.
· Knowledge of vendor relations to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices.
· Maintain a secure environment in which to interview, hire, train, coach and counsel employees.
· Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate supplies are on hand to provide top quality guest services.
· Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering Department according to procedures, and follow up on orders to ensure completion.
|Address||11601 Domain Drive, Austin, TX, 78758 View map|