The Housekeeper position will perform in accordance with company standards as they relate to cleanliness of guestrooms and maintenance of public areas, as well as to provide excellent customer service. Responsibilities include cleaning guestrooms, stripping of terry and linen, laundry duties, maintenance of public areas, and protecting guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so. JOB DUTIES
- Ensure guestrooms are properly stripped of bed linens and terry, garbage, and debris.
- The guestroom will be adequately stocked with room and brand standard items that are maintained in a clean and presentable fashion.
- Conducts self-inspections on each guestroom cleaned to ensure all areas of cleaning and maintenance are covered.
- Consults with the front desk to communicate status of each guestroom and report maintenance problems and areas of needed improvement.
- Adherence to OSHA policies including maintaining all bottles properly labeled and ensuring chemicals are not mixed.
- Reports any suspicious activity by guests or others or any unsafe conditions to manager and front desk in a timely manner.
- Assists General Manager in Quality Assurance Evaluations to ensure the hotel is meeting all housekeeping and cleanliness standards.
- Meets guestroom and hotel cleanliness, maintenance, and property upkeep standards at all times in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- May include but not limited to laundry duties as stipulated by General Manager including washing, drying, folding, stripping, sorting, and cleanliness of guest room terry and linen as well as maintenance of the laundry room, stocking of laundry supplies and inventory of linen and guest room supplies.
- Ensures exceptional customer service to all guests and protects guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
- Regular work attendance which includes flexibility in work schedule that may include afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.