In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Dominick is an independent hotel that offers its leadership team both freedom and responsibility.
The downtown address lends itself to a casual, more comfortable style of luxury. The design of the hotel imbues a welcoming feeling to the arrival experience with a soaring lobby space enriched by the warmth of wood louvers and the glow of a fireplace. Vestry, the one-star Michelin restaurant, with its relaxing vibe and spectacular cuisine has quickly become a neighborhood and guest favorite. Summer is when the Terrace on 7 becomes a coveted destination with the outdoor lounge pool, cabanas, and a chance to imbibe on a sampling of international street food and refreshing cocktails at El Ta’koy.
The management team is seasoned, the sales and marketing efforts are well established with longstanding client relationships.
The Dominick is looking for a Hotel Manager with strong food and beverage experience to round out the Executive Committee.
The Hotel Manager provides supervision, direction, and leadership to all associates in accordance with the objectives, performance, and quality standards established by the hotel. This position reports directly to the General Manager. Leads department heads to coordinate guests’ special needs, requests, and preferences with the departments concerned. Fosters relationships with guests’ thereby encouraging repeat business and brand loyalty. Cultivates a luxury experience for guests by maintaining high standards for leaders and associates.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES: Director of Front Office, Director of Housekeeping, Department Heads
1. Minimum of 5 years as a Director of Operations or Hotel Manager for a full-service luxury hotel
2. Proven history of financial performance
3. Strong Sales Rooms/Operations experience
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Must be highly motivated, self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
6. Bachelor’s Degree desirable
7. Ability to communicate in a foreign language(s) preferred.
1. Long hours sometimes required.
2. Exert physical effort in transporting equipment up to 20 pounds.
3. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
4. Remain in a stationary position for 5 hours throughout the work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prioritize hotel responsibilities to meet deadlines.
2. Effectively communicate with all levels of associates and guests.
3. Approach all interactions with guests and associates in an engaged, courteous, and professional manner.
4. Maintain luxury standards of appearance and grooming.
5. Comply with Dominick Hotel Standards.
6. Anticipate, identify, and solve problems as necessary.
7. Maintain confidentiality of hotel information.
8. Play a vital role in hotel sales efforts.
9. Ensure budgeted productivity levels.
10. Conduct weekly leader’s meetings.
11. Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of the physical property through preventative maintenance programs and inspections.
12. Ensure that associates demonstrate five-star service standards to “every guest, every time.”
13. Motivate, coach, and develop a leadership team.
14. Be visible throughout the hotel, in both public areas and the heart of the house.
15. Interview all prospective final candidates for open positions in the hotel.
16. Perform all Executive Committee performance appraisals annually.
17. Meet corporate-directed programs in a timely fashion.
18. Oversee the budget process as required.
19. Perform any other duties requested by the General Manager and/or Ownership.
|Address||246 Spring Street, New York, NY, 10013 View map|