We are looking for an ambitious and driven Hotel General Manager to take the recently converted, beautiful Holiday Inn Express in Plattsburgh, NY to new heights. This position is responsible for the overall profitability, quality assurance, and customer satisfaction of the Hotel.
General Manager Responsibilities
- Participate in weekly sales and revenue management meetings, managing rates, and updating occupancy forecasts.
- Must have the ability to direct and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Hands-on management style, operations background, and strong employee development skills.
- Ability to direct management team in all areas which include: Sales, Front Office, Housekeeping, and Maintenance Departments.
- Must have the ability to create a friendly and professional work environment.
- Must be a self-starter, motivator, and communicator, with a strong desire to succeed.
- Effective leader with strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to build a strong team focused on revenue-generating and exceeding guest expectations.
- Ability to plan and execute hotel business plan which will increase sales and enhance our guest’s experience.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- Modifies departmental work schedules and purchasing to forecasted business levels utilizing the monthly room revenue/room night forecast.
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial results.
- Ability to organize and complete work in accordance with deadlines.
- Effective planner and organizer.
- PC knowledge of Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access