In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel – providing day-to-day leadership and direction of all departments, in order to achieve excellence in financial results, associate satisfaction, guest experience and adherence to Brand standards. The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure full compliance with Hotel and Brand operating standards, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
· Lead all key property issues including capital projects, guest service initiatives and refurbishment.
· Oversee the service recovery process.
· Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the Hotel's annual Operating Budget, Sales & Marketing Plan and Capital Budget.
· Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue targets are met and exceeded.
· Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the Hotel, IHG and property ownership.
· Deliver Hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
· Develop improvement plans and carry out costs saving initiatives.
· Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
· Ensure that monthly financial outlooks are on target and accurate.
· Active leadership and participation in Sales and Revenue Management activities
· Leadership in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, as well as contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
· Act as a final decision maker in hiring of all staff.
· Oversee all departments, working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
· Manage and develop the Hotel associates to ensure career progression and development.
· Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
· Lead in all aspects of business planning.
· Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
· Ensure strong relationships are maintained with all top business producers and provide leadership in finding and securing new clients on an ongoing basis.
· Responsible for safeguarding the experiences of all guest and associates.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies at all times.
· Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
· Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management preferred
· Excellent computer skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Minimum of 5 years Hotel Management experience, IHG preferred
|Address||100 Howland Drive, Huntsville, ON View map|
|location Type||Small Metro / Town|