In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Vista Property Management is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States and Canada since 1992. The years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management. Vista has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals, to join its team and continues to add chapters to the Vista Property Management Hotels success story. Vista is the premier hospitality management company of the Americas. Ownership, management and development of hotels, resorts and related commercial real estate is our specialty.
Our mission is to provide an excellent hospitality experience for our guests and to exceed on a consistent basis, their expectations and needs. We will accomplish this through superior customer service and by empowering our staff to deliver on our commitment to our guests.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to oversee the accounting function for a 200+ room, newly renovated full-service Doubletree Hilton hotel in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Take the next step and join our team!
We offer a very competitive salary based on experience and our benefit package includes:
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Time
· Group Term Life & Long- Term Disability Insurance
· 401K Plan
Job Description for Hotel Financial Controller (FC)
Position Title: Financial Controller / Director of Finance
Reports To: Hotel General Manager / Regional Controller
The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the accounts department, like preparation and management of the hotel’s financial budgets and reports, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of the hotel in compliance with local tax laws and also hotel’s SOP’s.
Additionally, responsible for financial statement preparation, reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, audit and internal control, asset and liability reconciliation and working capital cash management, etc. Also, ensure the safekeeping and updating of all financial documents of the hotel.
Financial Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the property’s accounting and financial activities.
· Responsible to represent the accounting department during daily morning meetings.
· Responsible for hotel’s compliance with the local tax authority.
· Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the organization.
· Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, profit and loss statements and operating results.
· Supervise staff accountants who handle Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll duties in the accounting department.
· Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
· Responsible to liaise with the Corporate office of the organization.
· Able to prepare and submit management reports in a timely manner and also ensuring delivery deadlines.
· Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
· Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
· Able to assist proactively with cost control requirements.
· Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
· Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the work.
· Assist in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
· Monitor compliance with all Sales and Occupancy tax rules, and ensuring that taxes are charged and collected correctly.
· File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
· Monitor and improve hotel’s operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
· Ensure revenues and expenses are recorded accurately.
· Ensure property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
· Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
· Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
· Should have a high command of MS Applications like Excel, PowerPoint etc.
· Knowledge of Back- office accounting systems.
· Knowledge of Hotel PMS, POS Software and Accounting Software – OnQ, Squirrel, DataPlus Etc.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Excellent financial/business decision making.
· Should possess strong Business acumen.
· Analytical skills and very well organized.
2 or 4-year degree in Finance and Accounting or similar major.
At least 5 to 10 years of financial, accounting and management experience as Controller with the day-to-day financial and accounting operations in a Franchised Full-Service Hotel
|Address||100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33441 View map|