The Madera Host/ess (Greeter) is responsible for the overall guest dining experience within the restaurant outlet to include but not limited to providing the guests, either on the phone or in person, with information and support in a professional and gracious manner, receive and coordinate reservations and seating for daily and/or nightly service, all the while providing outstanding service to the guests along the way, and acting as an advocate for the restaurant in developing relationships with the guests. A flexible schedule is required for this role, with morning and early afternoon availability a priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- Greet all restaurant guests, be knowledgeable about the area and provide information when asked.
- Receive incoming calls, accurately book reservations for guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, and preparation method/time
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of VIPs as determined by Hotel & Members.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to restaurant.
- Set tables according to service standards
- Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic) according to service standards.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Prepare some cold food items (including cereals, fruits parfaits, nuts)
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Set up and check all equipment needed for table side service (including burner, carving trolley)
- Follow up on special arrangements to ensure compliance with such.
- Communicate any meal requirements and special requests to the servers and kitchen.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following the six-step procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
- Restock items for next service.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.
Minimum six months' experience in a similar position, preferably with a luxury or ultra-luxury restaurant.Education:
High school diploma.General Skills:
Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.Technical Skills:
Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service; any previous culinary training; certification in alcoholic awareness program; certification in C.P.R.; computer training; knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.Language:
Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 20 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas
- Reach up and down
- Remain stationary at times throughout work periods. Satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Remain in upright position for 8 hours throughout work shift.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time
Rosewood Sand Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EEO-1 Code: 415