The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel is seeking experienced Host/Hostess
candidates to join our new hotel team. At Bloom and Bee
, which invites in the outdoors with extravagant floral accents, pastel colors, and a wealth of natural light. Enjoy sustainable dishes that will include seafood, handmade pastas, and delicious flatbreads under an elaborate ceiling of blown glass flowers or on the elegant outdoor patio.
will be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests' in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner while meeting and exceeding all service
standards for a Five Star hotel. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests and determine the number in their party. Seat guests by finding a clean, available table; pulling out chairs; placing clean/current menu in front of guest, etc. Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs. Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free. Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests.
- Be familiar with all standards of performance excellence, particularly relating to Forbes Five-Star service standards, and adhere to these standards throughout our guests' experience
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the Colleagues.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, cleaning as needed, etc
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all Colleagues and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Maintain a positive image and energy
- Be knowledgeable about The Post Oak and its services
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.